Lemon juice – 2 cups
Sugar – 2 1/4 cups
Water – 1 3/4 cup
Lemon essence – 1/3 tsp
Lemon yellow colour – little
KMS – 2 pinches
1. Select ripe and juicy fruits.
2. Cut into halves and squeeze out the juice.
3. Strain the juice to remove seeds
4. Add 3 tea spoons sugar to the juice and keep aside in a closed container.
5. Prepare sugar syrup by heating sugar, water and a few tea spoons of lemon juice to boiling point.
6. Filter through fine muslin
7. Cool the syrup to room temperature.
8. Add essence, colour, preservative (KMS – dissolved in warm water) and mix well.
9. Fill in narrow mouthed sterilized dry bottles.
10. Before serving dilute with three parts of cold water.