Delicious and tasty homemade Mango Squash is easy to prepare. Ideal for the hot summer days.
Banganapalli Mangoes – 10
Sugar – 1 kg
Water – 500 ml
Lemon Yellow Food Colour – few drops
Orange Red Food Colour – few drops
Mango Essence – 2 tsp
Citric Acid – 5 gms
KMS Powder (Potassium meta bisulphate) – 1/4 tsp (available in major supermarkets)
1. Peel the mangoes and remove the inner stone.
2. Transfer the flesh to a mixer jar and grind to a smooth pulp, without adding water.
3. Bring the water to a boil.
4. Add the sugar and stir until fully dissolved.
5. Add the citric acid and simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Remove and cool.
7. Add the food colours, mango essence, KMS and mix well.
8. Add the mango pulp and mix until well combined.
9. Pour into clear sterilized bottles and seal tight.
10. Keep aside for 1 hour.
11. To serve, mix 1 part of the squash with 3 parts water.
12. Add ice cubes and serve chilled.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !