Maida – 1 cup
Processed cheese cubes – 2
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Baking powder – a pinch
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Butter or margarine – 2 tbl sps
Powdered sugar – 2 tsps
Ice cold water – to mix the dough
1. Sieve maida with salt and baking powder.
2. Take the flour in a deep bowl and mix pepper powder and sugar.
3. Blend soft butter to this flour gently using finger tips till flour resembles bread crumbs.
4. Add finely grated cheese and mix gently
5. Sprinkle ice cold water and make a firm and manageable dough. (it shouldn’t be too stiff nor very soft)
6. Roll out on a floured surface to a rectangle of 1/4 inch thickness.
7. Cut into strips of 2 inches long and 1/2 inch width.
8. Place on a greased baking tray leaving enough gap inbetween.
9. Bake till it turns golden yellow and crisp.
10. Store in airtight container and serve with soup.