Red Pumpkin (or Parangikai) Thuvaiyal (Thogaiyal) is a delicious and easy to make dish typically served with hot rice.
Red Pumpkin – 125 gms, peeled, chopped
Coconut – 1/4, grated
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Tamarind – a small piece
Urad Dal – 3 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 5 to 6
Garlic – 1 clove (optional)
Oil – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Fry the urad dal, red chillies and garlic in 1/2 tsp oil.
2. Saute the pumpkins for a minute and remove.
3. Combine all the ingredients in a mixer jar.
4. Sprinkle a little water and grind to a fine paste.
5. Remove and serve with rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !