A popular and healthy South Indian powder made with horse gram and peppercorns that is good for those trying to lose weight.
Kollu (Horse Gram) – 1 cup
Black Peppercorns – 1 cup
Dry Red Chillies – 8 to 10
Urad Dal – 1/4 cup
Asafoetida Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Oil – little
Salt as per taste
1. Wash and clean the kollu.
2. Spread it out on a clean cloth to dry.
3. Heat little oil in a pan.
4. Fry all the ingredients until golden and remove.
5. Allow it to cool and then grind to a fine powder.
6. Store it in a clean container.
7. Serve with hot rice and ghee.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !