Boiled Rice – 3 cups
Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1 one inch piece, finely chopped
Onion – 3, finely chopped
Green Chilli – 2, finely chopped
Oil – 1/2 cup
Salt as per taste
1. Soak rice and dal separately for 3 to 4 hours.
2. Drain and grind them separately and smoothly.
3. Mix both the batter along with salt and close the vessel with a lid.
4. Let it ferment for 4 to 5 hours.
5. Place a pan over moderate heat.
6. Pour a ladleful of the batter.
7. Spread with the back of the spoon to a thin round.
8. Sprinkle finely chopped onion, ginger and chilli pieces and press them a little.
9. Add a tsp of oil on the sides and on the surface of the dosa.
10. Turn over carefully when the underside is done and cook the other side.
11. Serve hot with chutney and sambar.