Chopped Narthangai – 6 cups
Rock Salt – 1/2 cup (powder this in a mixie)
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
1. Wash narthangai and spread on a cloth to remove excess moisture. Cut narthangai into 1 1/2 inch square pieces.
2. In a dry jar put handful of chopped narthangai, little salt, turmeric powder moisture. Alternate pieces and powder in the jar until everything is used up.
3. Shake well. Tie with a thin clean muslin cloth.
4. Mix once everyday for another 30 days without fail.
5. After a month as per requirement boil water and allow to cool. (approx 1/2 litre)
6. Add this water to narthangai and keep it under hot sun for 3 hours.
7. While adding water, mix 1/4 cup of red chilli powder, 1 tsp. of asafoetida powder and keep under hot sun. (according to taste)