A simple homemade sweet salted caramel sauce perfect for cakes, ice cream and more.
Thin Cream – 1/3 cup
Caster Sugar – 3/4 cup
Butter – 2 tblsp, softened
Sea Salt – 1/4 tsp
1. Place a heavy pan over medium flame.
2. Add the sugar and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes without stirring.
3. When the sugar turns dark, fully melted and starts to caramelise, tilt and swirl the pan. Do not stir.
4. Remove the pan from the flame.
5. Add the cream and butter.
6. Whisk well until the sauce is smooth and all ingredients have mixed well.
7. Add salt and mix gently.
8. Allow it to cool completely.
Note: The caramel sauce can be made up to 3 days in advance. Cover and refrigerate when not using. Just before serving, reheat over low flame.