Bombay Duck Fish – 50, dried, washed in vinegar, dried
Kashmiri Red Chillies – 125 gms
Curry Leaves – handful, chopped
Garlic – 1 pod, whole
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Vinegar – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Oil – 500 ml
1. Combine and grind together the red chillies, ginger, garlic, salt and turmeric powder to a smooth paste.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Fry the bombay ducks till brown and remove.
4. Drain excess oil and keep aside.
5. Fry the curry leaves in the same oil until dark brown. Remove and keep aside.
6. Add the ground paste to the pan and stir-fry for a minute.
7. Add the fried fish and reduce flame to low.
8. Cook for 15 minutes and add the curry leaves.
9. Remove the pan from flame and cool.
10. Transfer to an airtight container and close with the lid.
11. Use as required.
its agreat recipe
its a fantastic recipe.ol my fly loved the taste