Dosa is a popular anytime dish in South India. Best served with sambar and chutney.
Idli Rice – 1/2 cup
Green Gram – 1/2 cup
Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
Onion – 1, chopped
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, peeled
Green Chillies – 4
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Soak the rice, green gram and moong dal for 4 hours, separately.
2. Drain well and combine them together.
3. Add onions, green chillies, ginger and mix.
4. Grind to a dosa batter consistency and keep aside for 2 hours.
5. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
6. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
7. Apply oil around the edges and cook on both sides.
8. Serve hot with sambar and chutney.