Mango Thogayal or Mango Thuvaiyal is a delicious, easy to make South Indian summer recipe best served with plain, cooked rice.
Green Mangoes – 2
Thick Tamarind Extract – 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Coriander Leaves – 1 bunch
Green Chillies – 5 to 6
Mustard Seeds – little
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Peel and finely chop the mangoes.
2. Grind together the tamarind extract, salt, turmeric powder, coriander leaves and green chillies.
3. Add this to the chopped mangoes and stir gently.
4. Fry the mustard seeds in little oil and pour over the mangoes.
5. Serve with hot cooked rice.