A delicious and popular dessert across India. Perfect for any special occasion or parties. There are many variations to the Shrikhand and is quite common in Gujarat, Maharashtra regions.
Cream Cheese – 100 gms
Curd – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 2 to 3 tblsp
Pistachios – 1 tsp, finely chopped or crushed
Saffron Strands – little, soaked in 1 tsp milk
1. Add the curd to a clean, white muslin cloth and strain the water.
2. Combine this with the cream cheese and blend well until thick.
3. Add sugar and pistachios.
4. Add the saffron strands with the milk and mix well.
5. Keep this in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
6. Garnish with pistachios.
Note: If cream cheese is not availabe, you can use fresh paneer. Just mash it up before using.
image via youtube video