There is nothing refreshing than a glass of chilled homemade lemonade with the fresh flavour of basil leaves. A nice change from the usual lemonades, this one is perfect drink on a hot summer day.
Basil Leaves – 2 cups, chopped
Sugar – 1/3 cup
Lemon Juice – 1/2 cup
Ice cubes as required
1. Heat 1 cup of water in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the sugar and basil leaves.
3. Stir well until sugar has fully dissolved.
4. Then simmer for 2 to 4 minutes and strain the mixture.
5. Cool and then pour into a large pitcher.
6. Add the lemon juice and 2 to 3 cups of cold water (adjust as required).
7. Stir and keep it in the fridge for an hour or two.
8. Pour into serving glasses over ice.
9. Serve chilled.
Never tried with Basil!