There is nothing refreshing than a glass of chilled homemade lemonade with the fresh flavour of basil leaves. A nice change from the usual lemonades, this one is perfect drink on a hot summer day.
Basil Leaves – 2 cups, chopped
Sugar – 1/3 cup
Lemon Juice – 1/2 cup
Ice cubes as required
1. Heat 1 cup of water in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the sugar and basil leaves.
3. Stir well until sugar has fully dissolved.
4. Then simmer for 2 to 4 minutes and strain the mixture.
5. Cool and then pour into a large pitcher.
6. Add the lemon juice and 2 to 3 cups of cold water (adjust as required).
7. Stir and keep it in the fridge for an hour or two.
8. Pour into serving glasses over ice.
9. Serve chilled.