A cool, refreshing and easy to make drink for the hot summer days or for any party or occasion.
Strawberries – 1 cup, hulled, chopped
Sugar – 3 tblsp
Zest of 1/2 Lemon (large)
Soda (or Plain Water) – 500 ml
Ice Cubes as desired
Slices of Lemon for garnish
1. Combine the strawberries, sugar and lemon zest in a bowl.
2. Mash well using the back of a spoon and keep aside for 10 to 20 minutes.
3. Adjust sugar or lemon juice and keep it in the fridge for 2 hours.
4. Just before serving, pour the soda or water and stir well.
5. Garnish with lemon slices and serve at once.