Uttapam is a popular and delicious South Indian breakfast food. Similar to a Dosa, Uttapams are thicker than a regular Dosa with a variety of toppings. Make this healthy and simple Uttapam at home for breakfast or for evening tiffen.
Idli Batter – 1 cup
Oil – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Green Peas – 2 tblsp, shelled, soaked in water for 15 minutes
Onions – 2 tblsp, finely chopped
Carrots – 2 tblsp, finely chopped
Capsicum – 2 tblsp, finely chopped
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
1. Combine the peas, onions, carrots, capsicum, salt and red chilli powder in a bowl.
2. Add coriander leaves and mix well.
3. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
4. Pour some of the idli batter and spread evenly.
5. Sprinkle 2 to 3 tsp of the vegetable mixture and apply oil around the edges.
6. Cook until the bottom is golden brown and slightly crisp.
7. Remove and serve hot as it is or with chutney and sambar of choice.