Rice – 1 cup
Broad Beans (Avarakkai) – 50 gms, chopped
Onion – 1, chopped
Tomato – 1, small, chopped
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp (adjust as per taste)
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Butter – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Cashew Nuts – few, fried
1. Soak the rice in 1 1/2 to 2 cups of water.
2. Grind the tomato and onion to a coarse paste.
3. Heat butter in a pressure pan (or a cooker) over medium flame.
4. Add the onion-tomato paste, ginger garlic paste and stirfry for a minute.
5. Add the beans, red chilli powder, coriander leaves and salt.
6. Mix well and add the rice (with the water).
7. Add gara masala powder, lemon juice and stir well.
8. Cover with a lid and cook until 1 whistle.
9. Remove from flame and when the pressure has reduced, open the lid and garnish with cashew nuts, if using.
10. Serve with raita or side dish of choice.