Spring Onions (or Green Onions) is a popular vegetable often used in salads and chinese cuisine. They are rich in nutrients – Vitamins C, B2, A, K, copper, magnesium, fiber and others.
Spring Onions – 500 gms, chopped
Onions – 2, finely sliced
Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Roasted Gram – 2 tblsp
Dry Red Chillies – 6 to 8
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Grind together the coconut, roasted gram, red chillies and salt to a semi-coarse paste.
2. Heat little oil in a pan.
3. Saute the onions and spring onions for 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Add the ground coconut mixture and stir well.
5. Cook for a few minutes and remove from flame.
6. Serve hot with rice or roti.