Sugarcane is an integral part of the Pongal festival. Sugarcane denotes happiness and sweetness. It also symbolizes a firm and balanced mind.
Raw Rice – 2 cups
Moong Dal – 1 cup
Sugarcane Juice – 4 to 5 cups
Dates – 1/2 cup, chopped, seedless
Cashew Nuts – 3 to 4 tblsp, chopped
Cardamom Powder – little
Ghee as required
1. Dry roast the moong dal for a minute.
2. Combine this with the rice and wash well.
3. Transfer to a pressure cooker.
4. Pour the sugarcane juice and equal quantity of water.
5. Pressure cook over medium flame until 3 whistles and remove.
6. Heat ghee in a pan over medium flame.
7. Stir-fry the dates, cashewnuts and cardamom powder for a minute.
8. Add this to the cooked rice and dal mixture.
9. Stir well and serve at once.
Too simple and a yummy dish. Sugarcane Pongal is my favorite and will surely prepare the same as per your recipe. Let me prepare the dish this weekend and will share the feedback with u. Thank u for the share…