Uttapam is a traditional South Indian breakfast (also a lunch and dinner) dish popular in TamilNadu. Best served with sambar and chutney of choice.
Godhuma Rava (Wheat Rava) – 1 cup
Rava (Sooji) – 3 tsp
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 tsp, grated
Tomato – 1, chopped
Green Chilli – 1, small, finely chopped
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander Leaves – few
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Fry the mustard seeds and urad dal for 10 seconds.
3. Add curry leaves, coriander leaves, tomatoes, onions, green chillies and ginger.
4. Mix the rava and godhuma rava in a bowl.
5. Pour enough water and mix to a dosa batter consistency.
6. Add the onion mixture and mix well.
7. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
8. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
9. Apply oil around the edges and cook on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes.
10. Remove and serve hot with chutney and sambar of choice.