Idli Rice – 1 cup
Toor Dal – 3 tsp
Tomatoes – 4, chopped
Onions – 1 tblsp, finely chopped
Dry Red Chillies – 4
Curry Leaves – little
Coriander Seeds – 2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – little
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, peeled
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Soak the rice and dal for 1 hour together.
2. Add the tomatoes, red chillies, curry leaves, coriander seeds, asafoetida powder, ginger and salt.
3. Grind to a coarse batter.
4. Add onions and keep aside for 1 hour to ferment.
5. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
6. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
7. Apply oil around the edges and cook on both sides.
8. Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !