A very popular teatime/evening snack across South India. Also served as a starter/appetizer or as an accompaniment to meals. Makes for a great anytime munch.
Nendrangai (Kerala Plantain) – 4
Corn Flour – 1/3 cup
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tblsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Oil as required (preferably coconut oil)
1. Cut the nendrangai into thin slices.
2. Add the corn flour, red chilli powder, asafoetida powder and salt.
3. Add a little water and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
5. Drop small portions into the hot oil and deep fry until light golden brown.
6. Remove and drain excess oil.
7. Store it in an airtight container.
8. Serve as a snack.