A healthy and tasty breakfast or evening snack item.
Rice Flour – 1/2 cup
Ragi Flour – 2 cups
Salt as per taste
1. Dry roast the ragi flour in a pan.
2. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add the rice flour, salt and enough warm water.
4. Mix well until thick and pliable.
5. Add dough to a idiyappam maker and gently press over greased banana leaves or greased idli plates.
6. Steam cook the prepared idiyappams in a idli cooker or pressure cooker for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked.
7. Remove and serve with chutney or coconut milk.