Semiya (Vermicelli) – 2 cups
Sugar – 1 1/2 cup
Water – 4 cups
Ghee – 4 to 5 tablespoon
Cardamom Powder – 1 teaspoon
Cashew Nuts – 15
Raisins – 15
Kesari Powder – a pinch
1.Take a kadai and put 2 teaspoons of ghee to roast the cashew nuts and raisins. Keep aside.
2. To the same kadai add two teaspoons of ghee and fry semiya till golden brown.
3. Take one thick bottomed vessel and pour water to boil. When it becomes hot, pour the fried semiya into the water and mix it well. Cook till it turns soft.
4. Reduce the flame to low.
5. Now, mix kesari powder and allow the mixture to thicken.
6. When it thickens to a semi solid, put fried cashews, raisins and cardamom powder.
7. Keep stirring for a while and transfer the kesari to a greased bowl.