A simple and different burfi with tomato pulp, sugar and maida.
Tomato Pulp – 1 cup
Maida – 2 tsp, mixed with 2 tsp water
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Ghee – 2 tsp
Cardamom Powder – little
To Garnish (optional):
Cashew Nuts, Almonds or Raisins
1. Heat 1 1/4 cups of water in a pan.
2. Add sugar and stir well until fully dissolved.
3. When it reaches an one string consistency, add tomato pulp, maida paste and stir well.
4. Reduce flame to low.
5. Stir well until it starts to thicken.
6. Add ghee and cardamom powder.
7. Pour into a greased plate.
8. Allow it to cool.
9. Just before it hardens, cut into squares or rectangles.
10. Store in an airtight container.
Note: You can also use unsweetened khoya instead of maida.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !