Bengal gram dhal- 4 cups
Jaggery – 4 cups
Fresh grated coconut -2 cup
Ghee – 2 cup
Cashew nuts – 20
Cardamom – 10, powdered
1. Soak the Bengal gram dhal in water for 2-3 hours.
2. Wash and drain the excess water.
3. Grind the soaked dhal to make a fine paste.
4. Take a heavy bottomed kadai and pour a good quantity of ghee to fry the dhal paste.
5. Keep the flame on medium and fry the dhal paste till a nice aroma comes out and the water evaporates.
6. Stir the thickened paste continuously till it becomes non sticky.
7. Take the cashew nuts and coconut and fry them separately in a little bit of ghee.
8. Keep the powdered cardamom ready and add all the cashews, coconut and cardamom to the dhal paste.
9. Add the remaining ghee and stir well.
Latest Food Blogs
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Okkarai Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.