Bengal gram dhal- 4 cups
Jaggery – 4 cups
Fresh grated coconut -2 cup
Ghee – 2 cup
Cashew nuts – 20
Cardamom – 10, powdered
1. Soak the Bengal gram dhal in water for 2-3 hours.
2. Wash and drain the excess water.
3. Grind the soaked dhal to make a fine paste.
4. Take a heavy bottomed kadai and pour a good quantity of ghee to fry the dhal paste.
5. Keep the flame on medium and fry the dhal paste till a nice aroma comes out and the water evaporates.
6. Stir the thickened paste continuously till it becomes non sticky.
7. Take the cashew nuts and coconut and fry them separately in a little bit of ghee.
8. Keep the powdered cardamom ready and add all the cashews, coconut and cardamom to the dhal paste.
9. Add the remaining ghee and stir well.