Also known as Sweet Maida Biscuits, these make a great evening teatime snack items. Made with plain flour, sugar and fried in hot oil, they stay good for 15 to 20 days if stored properly.
Maida (Plain Flour) – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Cooking Soda – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Combine cooking soda, salt, sugar and maida in a bowl.
2. Mix well to a puri dough consistency.
3. Make small balls and roll them into small puris.
4. Using a diamond shaped cutter (or using a knife), cut small pieces in the shape of a diamond.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan.
6. Fry the cut diamond biscuits until light golden brown.
7. Remove and drain excess oil.
8. Store in an airtight container.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !