Kesari is a popular South Indian dessert/sweet made with rava (sooji/semolina) during festivals or special occasions. This variation is made with rava and papaya.
Rava – 2 cups
Papaya – 2 cups, peeled, seeds removed, chopped
Milk – 2 cups, boiled, cooled
Sugar – 4 cups
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cashew Nuts – few
Raisins – few
Ghee as required
1. Grind the papaya and milk together to a smooth puree.
2. Dry roast the rava until golden and remove.
3. Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan.
4. Fry the cashew nuts and raisins until lightly browned.
5. Remove and keep aside.
6. Pour 4 cups of water to the pan.
7. Bring to a boil.
8. Add the rava, cardamom powder and stir well.
9. Add the ground papaya mixture, sugar and ghee.
10. Mix well and remove when it starts to thicken.
11. Keep stirring from time to time.
12. Garnish with cashew nuts and raisins.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !