Raw rice – 1 cup
Red gram dal – 1/2 cup
Black gram dal – 1/2 cup
Bengal gram dal – 1/2 cup
Red chillies – 5
Onion (finely chopped) – 1 large
Coriander leaves (chopped) – 1/2 cup
Asafoetida powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Wash the 3 dals and rice thoroughly, and soak for 2-3 hours, along with the red chillies.
2. Grind coarsely in a blender.
3. Add chopped onions and coriander leaves, to the batter. Add adafoetida and salt and mix the batter well.
4. Pour out a thin dosai on a tawa, Pour a teaspoon of oil round the sides, and cover with a lid. Turn the Adai over and brown the other side.
5. Serve hot with coconut chutney.