Rasagulla is a popular Bengali sweet made during festivals like Diwali, Navratri or during special occasions.
Milk – 1 litre
Bread – 4 slices, crumbled or chopped into small pieces
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Cardamom Powder – a pinch
Rawa (Sooji) – 1 tsp
Milk Powder – 1 tsp
Oil as required
1. Heat milk in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add sugar and cardamom powder.
3. Stir well and bring to a boil.
4. Mix bread slices, rava and milk powder in a bowl.
5. Add little water and mix well.
6. Make small balls and keep aside.
7. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
8. Fry the prepared balls until golden brown.
9. Remove and drop them in the milk.
10. Allow them to soak for 15 to 30 minutes.
11. Serve warm.