A popular Chettinad Seer fish fry.
Vanjaram Meen (Seer Fish) – 5 fillets
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tblsp
Saunf Powder – 3 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Lemon Juice – 3 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Wash the fish fillets and transfer to a bowl.
2. Add the red chilli powder, saunf, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, lemon juice and salt.
3. Mix well until the fillets are evenly coated.
4. Keep aside for 30 to 45 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan.
6. Gently slide the marinated fillets and fry until crisp and golden brown.
7. Remove and drain excess oil.