Serve as a dessert. Best served chilled.
Bananas – 6, small, mashed (use malai vazhaipazham, these are the small size bananas)
Raw Rice – 1/4 cup
Milk – 2 cups
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Cardamom Powder – a pinch
Saffron Strands – a pinch (optional)
Almonds – 2 tblsp, finely sliced
Cashew Nuts – 2 tblsp, finely sliced
1. Dry roast the rice and grind to a coarse rava like consistency.
2. Mix this with milk and 2 cups of water.
3. COok until mushy.
4. Add sugar and bring to a boil.
5. Add the bananas and mix well.
6. Add saffron, cardamom powder and stir well.
7. Remove from flame and cool.
8. Garnish with almonds and cashews.