Maida – 1 1/2 cups
Butter – 1 cup, unsalted
Cold Water – 1/2 cup
Salt as per taste
1. Mix maida, salt and 1/2 cup butter in a bowl.
2. Add water and knead to a crumbly mixture.
3. Add more water if desired and ensure no dry particles remain.
4. Cover the pan with a cling film and keep it in the fridge for 60 minutes.
5. Shape the remaining butter into a square.
6. Roll the dough into a rectangle.
7. Place the butter in the middle and fold well.
8. Seal the edges with little water and keep it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
9. Roll the dough into a long strip and fold the edges towards the center.
10. Keep it in the fridge.
11. Repeat 2 more times before using the pastry.