A simple and easy to make Onion Chutney for dosa or idli.
Onions – 4 to 5
Dry Red Chillies – 5 to 6
Tamarind – 1 small lemon sized ball
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Peel and chop the onions.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Saute the onions, red chillies, tamarind and salt for 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Switch off the flame and cool.
5. Grind to a smooth, thick paste, adding little water.
6. Heat little oil in a pan.
7. Fry the mustard seeds and urad dal for 30 seconds.
8. Pour over the chutney and stir once.
9. Serve as a side dish.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !