A simple and delicious Biryani made with Poha (Aval). Serve with papads.
Aval (Poha) – 1 cup
Gram Flour – 1/4 cup
Green Chillies – 3, finely chopped
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, peeled, finely chopped
Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Saunf – 1 tsp, powdered
Cinnamon – a small piece, crushed
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Bay Leaf – 1
Cardamoms – 2, crushed
Cloves – 2, crushed
Oil – 1 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Soak the aval in water for a minute and rinse well.
2. Drain all water and squeeze dry.
3. Add salt, saunf powder and gram flour.
4. Mix well and keep aside until required.
5. Heat oil in a pan.
6. Saute the onions and green chillies for a minute or two.
7. Add ginger, bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms.
8. Stir-fry for a minute.
9. Add the aval mixture and stir again.
10. Cook for a minute or two.
11. Add coriander leaves.
12. Just before moving, add lemon juice and stir to mix.
13. Serve warm with side dish of choice.