A delicious salad with roasted chicken, mushrooms and white wine. Ideal for a Sunday brunch or an easy lunch on weekdays.
Chicken – 1, whole, with skin
Butter – 2 tsp
White Wine – 1 cup
Chicken Stock – 150 ml
Spring Onions – 1 tblsp, ground
Oil – 1 tblsp
Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Basil Leaves – 1 tsp
Mushrooms – 200 gms
Tomato Puree – 1 tblsp
Lemon Juice – 3 tblsp
Mixed Herbs – 2 tblsp
Cream – 1 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Walnuts – few, roasted, chopped
1. Rub the butter all over the chicken.
2. Pour the wine and chicken stock and transfer the chicken to a roasting tin.
3. Place the tin in a preheated oven at 220C for 1 hour or until the chicken is tender.
4. Remove and keep aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan.
6. Saute the garlic, basil and spring onions for 45 seconds.
7. Add the mushrooms, wine, tomato puree, salt and pepper powder.
8. Stir well and cook till the wine evaporates.
9. Reduce flame and add the lemon juice, herbs and cream.
10. Remove the chicken and cut into pieces.
11. Add a little water to the roasting tin and scrape well.
12. Discard the fat and add the juice to the salad.
13. Garnish with walnuts.
Tip: You can also add Cherry Tomatoes if desired.