A refreshing drink to cool down on a hot day.
Lemon – 1, big
Blueberries – 3 cups
Sugar – 1/2 cup, granulated
Soda Water – 2 cups
Lemon Juice – 1 1/2 tblsp
Mint Leaves – few, to garnish
1. Peel the lemon rind from the lemons.
2. Heat a pan over medium flame.
3. Add the lemon rind, blueberries, sugar and 1 tblsp water.
4. Bring to a boil.
5. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes over low flame and strain into a pitcher (or any container).
6. Cover with a plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
7. Add the soda and lemon juice.
8. Stir gently and pour into ice filled glasses.
9. Garnish with a mint leaf.
9. Serve chilled.
Tip: You can also add a splash of gin or vodka, if desired.