Nellikai (Amla/Gooseberry) is rich in Vitamin C and has numerous health benefits.
Nellikai (Amla/Gooseberry) – 6, big
Curd – 1 cup
Coconut – 1 tsp, grated
Ginger – a small piece
Green Chilli – 1
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Chop the nellikais and discard the seeds.
2. Combine this with ginger, green chillies, coconut and salt.
3. Grind to a smooth paste.
4. Add this to the curd and mix well.
5. Heat oil in a small frying pan.
6. Fry the mustard seeds for 30 seconds and add to the pachadi.
7. Serve with rice.