Simple, tasty and delicious Karnataka style Akki Roti with Capsicum.
Rice – 1/2 cup, cooked and mashed
Rice Flour – 1 cup
Ghee – 1 tsp
Green Chilli Paste – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – few
Curry Leaves – few
Sugar – 1 tsp
Onions – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Capsicums – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Combine the mashed rice, rice flour, ghee, chilli paste, coriander leaves, curry leaves, sugar, capsicums, onions and salt in a large bowl.
2. Add enough water and mix well to a chapati dough consistency.
3. Make small/medium balls.
4. Heat a nonstick pan over medium flame.
5. Add a little oil and add one of the prepared balls.
6. Flatten the dough using greased hand and cover the pan with a lid.
7. Cook until done.
8. Remove and serve hot with coconut chutney or onion chutney.