A variation of the Dal Kunuku, this can be served as a tea time snack.
Rice – 2 cups
Toor Dal – 3/4 cup
Bengal Gram Dal – 1/2 cup
Onions – 4, big, finely chopped
Dry Red Chillies – 10 to 12
Curry Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Soak the rice and dals for 2 hours, separately.
2. Drain well and grind them together with dry red chillies and salt to a thick, coarse batter.
3. Add the onions and curry leaves. Mix well.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Drop small portions (balls) of the batter and fry until light golden brown.
6. Remove and drain excess oil.
7. Serve as a snack.