Mushrooms – 250 gms, cleaned, washed, chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Vinegar as required
1. Sprinkle salt on the mushrooms and keep aside for 30 to 45 minutes.
2. Gently shake once or twice and sprinkle the red chilli powder.
3. Transfer the mushrooms to a pan and place over low flame.
4. Simmer for a minute.
5. Increase flame to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add enough vinegar to cover the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Remove and cool.
8. Drain the mushrooms, reserving the vinegar, and transfer to an airtight container.
9. Gently boil the vinegar and pour into the container.
10. Cover with a lid and cool.
11. The pickle can be used after 2 weeks.
12. Store in a cool place.