Kesari is a popular South Indian dessert/sweet made during special occasions or festivals. This delicious Kesari is made with milk and is also known as Paal Kesari.
Milk – 300 ml, boiled
Rava – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Cashew Nuts – 10, chopped
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Yellow (or Orange) Food Colour – a pinch (optional)
1. Heat a little ghee in a pan.
2. Fry the cashew nuts for 30 to 45 seconds and remove.
3. Add the rava and roast until light golden brown.
4. Pour the milk and stir well.
5. Simmer until rava is tender.
6. Add sugar and stir until fully dissolved. Add the food colour.
7. Gently add ghee and keep stirring all the time.
8. Add the cashew nuts, cardamom powder and mix well.
9. Cook until it starts to thicken.
10. Remove and transfer to a bowl.