Simple, delicious and anytime rice dish cooked in Maharashtrian style.
Rice – 2 cups
Green Peas – 1 cup, shelled
Capsicums – 4, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 4, finely chopped
Cloves – few
Cardamoms – few
Cumin Seeds – little
Dry Red Chillies – 8 to 10
Salt as per taste
Ghee as required
1. Combine the rice and peas in a pressure cooker.
2. Cook until done.
3. Heat 1 to 2 tsp of ghee in a pan over medium flame.
4. Fry the cloves, cardamoms, cumin seeds and dry red chillies for 45 seconds.
5. Add the capsicums, tomatoes and little salt.
6. Cook for a minute or two.
7. Add the cooked rice and mix well.
8. Serve warm with papads or side dish of choice or as it is.