A popular Bengali recipe made during Navratri and Naba Barsha.
Brinjals – 250 gms, sliced into rounds
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Amchur (Dried Mango Powder) – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/8 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a small pinch
Salt as per taste
1. Place the brinjals in a bowl and sprinkle salt, turmeric, amchur and red chilli powder.
2. Combine well and marinate for 15 minutes.
3. Squeeze dry the brinjals.
4. Heat oil in a pan over moderate flame.
5. Deep fry the brinjals till golden and crisp.
6. Remove and drain excess oil.
7. Serve hot with rotis or with rice.