A delicious North Indian roti made with corn/maize flour. Best served with Sarson ka Saag.
Maize (Corn) Flour – 1 1/4 cups
Ghee – 1/2 tblsp
Methi Leaves – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 1 tblsp + 1 tblsp
Butter – 1/2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Combine and sift together the maize flour and salt.
2. Add ghee, methi leaves and red chilli powder.
3. Mix well to make a stiff dough, adding hot water as required.
4. Make small-medium balls of the dough and flatten them to a disc.
5. Heat a tawa over low-medium flame till hot.
6. Cook the rotis on both sides.
7. Pour a little ghee and fry till golden brown.
8. Remove and apply butter on the rotis.
9. Serve hot with sarson ka saag.