Panagam or Panakam is a traditional jaggery drink made during Ram Navami or during the hot summer days as a body coolant.
Jaggery – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Juice of 1 Lemon
Dried Ginger – 3/4 tsp, powdered
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp + 1 or 2 crushed
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
1. Powder the jaggery and transfer to a bowl.
2. Add water and stir until fully dissolved.
3. Strain well to remove any impurities.
4. Add lemon juice, ginger powder, cardamom powder, crushed cardamoms, salt and pepper powder.
5. Stir well and keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Serve chilled.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !