Pineapple – 1, peeled, chopped, grated
Sugar – 1 kg
Water – 500 ml
Lemon Yellow Food Colour – few drops
Pineapple Essence – 1 tsp
1. Transfer the pineapple to a muslin cloth and squeeze well to extract the juice.
2. Add the sugar to a large pan and pour water.
3. Place it over medium flame and bring to a boil.
4. Stir well until the sugar has fully dissolved.
5. Add food colour, pineapple essence and bring to a boil.
6. Remove and cool.
7. Add the pineapple juice and pour into clean, sterilized bottles.
8. Seal tight and keep aside for 30 minutes.
9. Keep it in the fridge.
10. To serve, for 1 part of the squash add 3 parts water and serve chilled.