A delicious and easy to make omelet with sauteed vegetables and cheese. A healthy and filling breakfast dish.
Eggs – 6
Mixed Salad Leaves – 1/3 cup
Mixed Vegetables – 1/4 cup, chopped (carrot, capsicum, cabbage)
Onion – 1, cut into wedges
Tomatoes – 2 to 3 (depending on size), chopped
Black Olives – few, pitted
Feta Cheese – 1/3 cup, crumbled
Parsley – few, chopped
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Oil – little
Red Chilli Powder – a small pinch
1. Whisk the eggs in a bowl.
2. Add the salad leaves, parsley, salt, chilli powder and pepper powder.
3. Heat little oil in a nonstick pan.
4. Saute the onions and vegetables for about 2 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and olives.
6. Cook for 45 to 60 seconds or until tomatoes begin to soften.
7. Remove and transfer to a bowl.
8. Pour the egg mixture and mix well.
9. Heat a nonstick pan over medium flame.
10. Pour some of the egg mixture.
8. Cook for 2 minutes and sprinkle some cheese.
9. Cover with a lid and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes, checking from time to time.
10. When the omelette is cooked and is golden, remove from flame.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.