A popular Indo-Chinese dish often served as evening snack.
Baby Corn – 6, sliced into 2 or 3 pieces
Corn Flour – 2 tblsp
Maida – 2 tblsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Baking Powder – 1/4 tsp
Ajinomoto – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Oil as required for frying
1. Mix the corn flour, maida, 1 tsp oil, baking powder, ajinomoto, salt and pepper powder in a bowl.
2. Add enough water and mix to a thick batter.
3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
4. Dip the baby corn pieces in the batter and fry in hot oil until light golden brown.
5. Remove, drain excess oil and transfer to a serving plate.
6. Serve hot with chilli sauce or spicy chutney.