Beetroots – 4, medium (or 2 big), peeled, thinly sliced
Water – 2 cups
Sugar – 1 cup
White Wine Vinegar – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Oil as required
1. Heat water in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add sugar and vinegar.
3. Stir well until sugar is fully dissolved.
4. Add the beetroot slices and stir gently.
5. Remove and keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Drain the water well.
7. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
8. Fry the sliced beetroots for a minute or until crisp and golden.
9. Remove and drain excess oil.
10. Transfer to a container.
11. Sprinkle salt and pepper powder.
12. Cover with a lid and shake well.
13. Serve as a snack.
14. If stored in a sealed container, these stay good for 3 to 5 days.
For a healthier version follow steps 1 to 6 from above.
7. Place the beetroot slices in a flat baking tray lined with parchment paper.
8. Sprinkle salt and pepper powder on top.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 125C/250F for 20 minutes r until fully dry.
10. Remove, cool and store in a sealed container.
11. Serve as a snack.
image via heybubbles: https://www.flickr.com/photos/8159459@N02/5322258673/